In the 1930’s and 1940’s, Cincinnati had a thriving movie industry. Numerous film companies were clustered along Central Parkway at the edge of the Over-the Rhine district, including Warner Brothers, Fox, Standard, Columbia, RKO, United, MGM- - an original part of the light industry that propelled the economy of Cincinnati and Over-the-Rhine.
An article in the Cincinnati Times Star dated June 11, 1938 shows a rendering of the design and reports the building was initially leased to Vitagraph and Warner Brothers and identifies Carlton Frankenberger & Batson as the architects and W.R. Griffin as the builder.
Exhibiting muted Art Deco styling, Warner Brothers is described as a “somewhat idiosyncratic” building. Thus Warner Brothers contributes to the character of the district in terms of its contributions to Cincinnati’s film industry during the 1940’s through the mid-1960’s and also to the streetscape as an example of Art Deco architecture.
In 2003 it was purchased by Charles Menifee, who used it as a recording studio for a while; however, the building had been vacant for several years when he sold it to Grandin Properties in 2014.